Sarah McEllistrem is engaged in the general practice of all aspects of civil litigation with an emphasis on employment law litigation in federal and state courts, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, vicarious liability, negligence, non-compete agreements, tortious interference with business claims, and contractual disputes. Sarah also handles professional licensing matters including the Board of Nursing, the Board of Social Work, the Office of Professional Responsibility, and others.
Sarah is admitted to practice in the State of Minnesota and is a Qualified Neutral in Civil Alternative Dispute Resolution. She is a member of the Warren E. Burger Inn of Court and the National Employment Lawyers Association. She is an active member of the Minnesota State and is the current Past President of the Ramsey County Bar Association.
Personal BioSarah is active as a volunteer with Ramsey County and Washington County law clinics. Prior to earning her law degree, Ms. McEllistrem was a Buyer for Target Corporation responsible for the development, cost negotiations, and overall financial performance of her category assortments nationwide.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2007
- College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1998
- Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2011
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Past President
- Ramsey County Bar Association – Board of Directors
- Warren E. Burger Inn of Court
- Minnesota National Employment Lawyers Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2012 – 2022