p 651-493-8555 | f 651-227-0758
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Co-chair, Criminal Law Section, Ramsey County Bar Association (2016-Present)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN, 2004, J.D.
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, B.A. 1993
Daniel L. McGarry grew up in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and graduated from Marquette University and earned his J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law. His legal practice includes criminal defense and civil litigation. Dan is licensed to practice in Minnesota and U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Dan works with each client to thoroughly investigate their case from the moment of contact until the case is resolved. Dan’s civil litigation cases involve complex personal injuries, automobile accidents, workers’ compensation, social security disability, real estate litigation, estate and probate litigation, and commercial litigation.
Dan represents criminal clients charged with felonies, gross misdemeanors, misdemeanors, and petty misdemeanors. Dan protects and asserts a client’s rights and establishes defenses for any alleged criminal charges or behavior. Dan has also negotiated with the police or prosecutors while a matter is still being investigated but not yet charged.
Prior to attending law school, Dan worked as a Trust Account Executive at U.S. Bank National Association where he was responsible for fiduciary compliance and managing clients’ assets in irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, agency accounts, real estate and various types of retirement accounts.
- 28 Minn. Prac., Elements of an Action § 4:31 (West), Contract Actions – Verified Complaint, 2010 – Present
Pro Bono Work
- Volunteer Lawyers Network
- Pro Se Project, U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2012 – Present
- Criminal Defense Services
- Saint Paul Jaycees Charitable Foundation, Saint Paul Jaycees, Minnesota Jaycees
- Board of Directors, Friends of the Parks and Trails of Saint Paul and Ramsey County