Charles R. Shafer
Charlie assists clients in matters involving general civil litigation, with an emphasis on employment and contract disputes. He is skilled in deconstructing complex legal and technical issues for lay audiences. Additionally, Charlie serves as a volunteer attorney for the Tubman Safety Project, which provides pro bono representation to victims of domestic violence.
Charlie was inspired to become an attorney to use the law to help his clients navigate complex issues.
Charlie is a Wisconsin native who defected to avoid persecution for his support of the Minnesota Vikings. When he is not practicing law, he spends his time either challenging his friends in various sports or canoeing in the Boundary Waters. He is also the co-owner/operator of River Beats Entertainment, LLC, which provides DJ services.
Charlie attended the University of Minnesota Law school, where he served as the student director for the Bankruptcy Clinic, argued for the Duberstein Moot Court Competition Team at the regional and national competitions, volunteered with the Minnesota Justice Foundation, and captained the Fighting Mondales Ice Hockey Team.
- General Civil Litigation 50%
- Employment Law 50%
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2019
- Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. - 2015
- Minnesota, 2019
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2019
- Tubman Safety Project, 2019 to Present
- Ramsey County Bar Association, New Lawyers' Section - Outreach Coordinator, Present
- The Givens Foundation for African American Literature – Member, Board of Directors
- Medal of Excellence - Bankruptcy Law Institute
- Scholarship for Promise in Journalism and Literary Criticism
- Selected to Rising Stars: 2022
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- McVay Youth Voice Partnership, Senior Fellow, 2014 to 2015
- Minnesota Law School Bankruptcy Clinic, Student Director, 2018 to 2019