Daniel L. McGarry
Daniel L. McGarry
Daniel McGarry’s legal practice includes criminal defense and civil litigation. Dan works with each client to thoroughly investigate their case from the moment of contact until the case is resolved. Dan’s civil litigation cases involve complex personal injuries, automobile accidents, workers’ compensation, social security disability, real estate litigation, estate and probate litigation, and commercial litigation.
Dan represents criminal clients charged with felonies, gross misdemeanors, misdemeanors, and petty misdemeanors. Dan protects and asserts a client’s rights and establishes defenses for any alleged criminal charges or behavior. Dan has also negotiated with the police or prosecutors while a matter is still being investigated but not yet charged.
Dan grew up in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and graduated from Marquette University and earned his J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law. Prior to attending law school, Dan worked as a Trust Account Executive at U.S. Bank National Association where he was responsible for fiduciary compliance and managing clients’ assets in irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, agency accounts, real estate and various types of retirement accounts.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2004
- Marquette University, Milwaukee
- B.A. - 1993
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2011
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, in the area of family law
- Pro Se Project, U.S. Disrtict Court, District of Minnesota, 2012 to Present
- Criminal Defense Services
- Saint Paul Jaycees Charitable Foundation, Saint Paul Jaycees, Minnesota Jaycees, Legal Counsel and Board of Directors
- 28 Minn. Prac., Elements of an Action § 4:31 (West), Contract Actions – Verified Complaint, Present
- Board of Directors, Friends of the Parks and Trails of Saint Paul and Ramsey County
- Co-chair, Criminal Law Section, Ramsey County Bar Association (2016-Present)
- Minnesota State Bar Association