Victoria J. Brenner
Victoria J. Brenner
For over 15 years, Victoria Brenner has supplied support to clients going through separations and divorces, and their dependents. She was previously the firm’s managing partner. Victoria values being in a firm that gives of its time and talents to the bar and the community through professionalism and voluntarism. Victoria is an active member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts MN Chapter whose mission is to minimize the negative impact of divorce and separation on the parties and their children. This organization ties with her view and approach to family law. Victoria handles custody, parenting time, child support, orders for protection, alimony, divorce, post-divorce in the wide spectrum of modest to high asset cases. She also serves as a Rule 17 Guardian ad Litem.
She has written and presented Continuing Legal Education courses on Divorces involving Closely Held Businesses, Spousal Maintenance, Family Law Appeals and Attorney Ethics. She is also an adjunct professor of Family Law at Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Prior to attending law school, Victoria taught grade school and English as a Second Language in Russia. Upon her return to the U.S., she worked at AFS Intercultural Programs, an international education exchange program.
While in law school, Victoria helped found the St. Thomas Student Chapter of the Minnesota Justice Foundation and served on the State Board for MJF. She was also a founding member of the University of St. Thomas Day of Service and did numerous other volunteer activities. She worked as a certified student attorney for the Minnesota Indian Women's Resource Center's Legal Department where she aided survivors of domestic abuse with their legal needs.
Following law school, Victoria served as law clerk to the Honorable Joseph F. Chase in Olmsted County and then to the Honorable Denise D. Reilly in Hennepin County.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2004
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2007
- Minnesota Lawyer Up & Coming Attorney, 2010
- University of St. Thomas Alumna Living the Mission, 2010
- Rising Star, 2011-12, 2014
- Super Lawyer, 2015-2020
- MN Top 100 Attorneys- 2020
- MN Top 50 Women Attorneys- 2020
- Warren E. Burger Inn of Court, President Elect 2018-2019
- Warren E. Burger Inn of Court, President
- AFCC, Immediate Past President & Board Member
- Minnesota Justice Foundation, Past Chair
- Hennepin County Limited Scope Legal Services Program – Volunteer Attorney
- Chrysalis-Tubman Safety Project – Volunteer Attorney, Chrysalis
- Ramsey County Veteran’s Limited Scope Legal Services Program – Program Founder, Volunteer Attorney
- Adjunct Professor of Family Law at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) – National Chapter
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) – Minnesota Chapter, President, 2017 to 2018
- Warren Burger Inns of Court, Treasurer, Past President
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Delegate to the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Family Law League
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Director on Law Alumni Board
- Cooperative Law Group, Member
- Collaborative Law Alliance
- Minnesota Justice Foundation
Current Employment Position