p 651-888-6227 | f 651-227-0758
- Minnesota, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 1992
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1992, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis MN, 1988, M.B.A. Finance
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1983, B.A.
Mr. McEllistrem has a broad-based and dynamic practice, which involves all aspects of civil litigation, including lawsuits and appeals in both state and federal court. Mr. McEllistrem also serves as corporate counsel for many business entities, and has become one of Minnesota’s leading authorities on corporate advisory boards.
Mr. McEllistrem has considerable expertise in corporate law, personal injury (including sexual abuse litigation), probate, corporate and real estate litigation. His practice area is divided equally between plaintiffs and defendants in litigation matters.
Areas of Practice include:
- Representing business entities in formation, transactions and litigation matters
- Representing plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury, business, probate and real estate litigation matters
- Representing both victims and churches in sexual abuse claims
- Briefing and arguing appeals in both state and federal courts
- Creating and chairing advisory boards for new and existing companies
- Application of multi-disciplinary paradigms to create transformational solutions for business entities
Mr. McEllistrem is currently involved with non-profit and NGO organizations serving critical needs in both The Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Nairobi, Kenya. He previously served on the fund distribution committee of the St. Paul Area United Way, and subsequently, a member of the Agency Services Committee for the Greater Twin Cities United Way. He has also served as a volunteer Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) for the Minnesota Pro Bono Challenge for Kids.